Friday, January 30, 2015

Fairy Tales in Advertising: Oreo: Snow White



Oreo: Snow White
1912 | Snow White and the 7 dwarfs on broadway
This year, OREO turns 100 years young.
Celebrate the kid inside at oreo.com/birthday.

True confessions again: I hardly ever, ever, ever look at print magazines. So I missed this Oreo campaign back in 2012. Which I adore and can only share a few of. Only one is fairy tale related and it made me laugh. And want Oreos. Or perhaps Oreo ice cream, which I prefer. I am an anarchist and wish Oreos came without the frosting centers, just the wafers which I do like. Silly me.

And you just know they wanted to do a Disney salute instead to the 1937 film but settled for a Broadway show instead since they fell in love with this concept and didn't want to use Disney in the campaign. Glad they kept the concept though. I had no clue about a Broadway show of Snow White in 1912. Not impacting history much, that production. But we all know the truth, don't we?

Campaign info from Ads of the World:

Advertising Agency: Draftfcb, USA
Executive Creative Director: Darren Moran
Creative Director: Megan Williams
Group Creative Director: Jill Applebaum
Creative Director / Art Director: Megan Sheehan
Copywriters / Art Directors: Jill Applebaum, Bob Neuman
Executive Producer: Anthony Nelson
Photographer: Richard Pierce
Concept: Pierre-Marie Faussurier, Sebastien Zanini
Designers: Yego Moravia, Johnny Por Taing, Bangwool Han
Art Producer: James Kozyra
Published: March 2012


1 comment: