Monday, May 26, 2014

Fairy Tale Art and 40% Off Today Only at Art.com



My primary Christmas gift this past year was an art print from Art.com. It wasn't directly fairy tale related--it's the painting above. I wanted a landscape for my living room and this fit the size and colors and feel I wanted. I had my choices narrowed down to three options. Besides liking the painting for the space I needed filled, I was swayed to this one for its title: FAIRY TALE, 1892 by William Merritt Chase. Now you can really comprehend the depths to which fairy tales infiltrate my life. The title of this painting swayed my choice and whenever I look at it, I imagine the woman reading a book of fairy tales to the child. After all, this was painting during the heydey of Andrew Lang and Joseph Jacobs. Do you think the models were actually reading one of Lang's or Joseph's books--or perhaps Grimm--while they posed for this painting? I like to think so.


It's no secret that SurLaLune is affiliated with a few online retailers, one being Art.com. Most of my choices have to do with the opportunity to use imagery from the sites as an affiliate and that sometimes I do earn a little money to help defray SurLaLune's expenses. Art.com--from the nature of it's product--doesn't produce much in earning for SurLaLune but it is a fun place to browse fairy tale imagery.

Buy at Art.com
"Die Sternthaler," The Ch...
Buy From Art.com

Today only--and this is rare so I am posting it--there is a 40% off coupon for Art.com purchases. Use code YAY92 to receive the earnings. I pasted the terms and conditions below.

Here are some other quick links to recent Art.com fairy tale finds:

Buy at Art.com
Illustration of Mother Re...
Buy From Art.com
Buy at Art.com
Rapunzel Fairy Tale
Buy From Art.com

Art.com Terms & Conditions for code:

*Promotion applies to order total before shipping, taxes, and duties. This offer cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, coupons or promotions, except that free shipping offers may be combined with already marked-down items. One coupon per order. This offer cannot be applied to the purchase of gift certificates. No discounts may be applied to the purchase price of any Limited Editions and the "Museum Curated" collection. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of discount. We respect your privacy and will not share your email address with third parties for their marketing purposes. This offer expires May 26, 2014 at 11:59PM in your local time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment