Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow White by Stella Gurney (Author), Zdenko Basic and Manuel Sumberac (Illustrators)


(US links / UK link)

Since I raved about the illustrations in today's post about the The Snow White Creativity Book: Games, Cut-Outs, Art Paper, Stickers, and Stencils (Creativity Books), I wanted to share the book with the original illustrations by Zdenko Basic and Manuel Sumberac. The book has not been published officially in the US although copies are available through third party sellers. It has been published in many languages around Europe though.

Snow White by Stella Gurney (Author), Zdenko Basic and Manuel Sumberac (Illustrators) or in the UK is just beautiful and one of my favorite renditions of Snow White. I hope an official US copy will be released someday. It was published in Europe in 2012 so I don't know if it will be.

Such as the Spanish:

(US / UK Links)

Or the French:

(US / UK Links)

Here are images from the book:


Book description:

When the queen of the land pricks her finger on a needle, the sight of her own blood makes her long for a child with skin as white as snow and lips as red as blood. But soon after little Snow White is born, death claims her poor mother and her father finds himself a new queen. Envious of her step-daughter's great beauty, the new queen orders for her to be led into the forest and killed. But by a twist of fortune, Snow White finds herself instead in the care of seven kindly dwarfs. This new circle of friends will soon prove to be her lifeline, for the queen is no fool and her evil deeds and dark magic know no bounds...




2 comments:

  1. You twisted my arm! I just picked up the pop-up book version of Snow White & Pinocchio by Gurney & Co on a super-special at B&N last week - just GORGEOUS. I just ordered this creativity book too, thanks to you! So many books! No idea how you keep up on them all. (Note: I just realized why so many of my comments aren't appearing: I tend to default to hitting the bottom right button to send it but that's actually the 'sign out' button. D'oh!)

    ReplyDelete