Monday, December 2, 2013

It's That Time of Year...For a "Best of 2013" Fairy Tales List!



It has started and I am determined to do it this year, but I need your help. Please help me create a SurLaLune Best Fairy Tale Books of 2013!

This blog post will start the process. Nominate a book--or several--by posting to the blog, Twitter, Facebook, or emailing me directly.

I'll keep a tally and share the results in two weeks. I can't list all of the choices here--and I am probably missing a few--but the best lists of 2013 releases I have can be found here:

Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2013 Part 1

Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2013 Part 2

Fairy Tale and Folklore Nonfiction 2013

Fairy Tale Picture Books 2013

To get the ball rolling, I will share some of the books that have already appeared on other "Best of 2013 Lists." That gets these titles nominated, so feel free to nominate more or vote for these.


Far Far Away by Tom McNeal appears on the Publishers Weekly's Best Children's Books of 2013 Fiction List.


Little Red Writing by Joan Holub and The Girl of the Wish Garden: A Thumbelina Story by Uma Krishnaswami and East of the Sun, West of the Moon by Jackie Morris appear on the Kirkus Best Children's Books of 2013 list.


Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer and Far Far Away by Tom McNeal appear on Amazon's Best Books of the Year 2013: Teen & Young Adult.

So what are your picks? And don't leave out the nonfiction either!

2 comments:

  1. These are great books. Mine also came out this year. I wished to send you a copy, but wasn't sure how to get ahold of you. Many thanks for the books you promote each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nomination is Lili St. Crow's NAMELESS, a Snow White retelling. Looking forward to the sequel next year.

    ReplyDelete