Friday, March 29, 2013

Assume More Stories to Tell


Princess with a Spindle by Hanna Hirsch-Pauli 

A recent post at Belle Jar, Fifteen Assumptions That Might Be Useful To Make, has been making rounds on the web and for some reason, I clicked through and read it. And I was glad I did for the list is lovely and holds many truisms about life but what made it stand out to me, was the unexpected #13:

13. Assume that there will always be more stories to tell, or at the very least new ways of reinterpreting old fables.

Of course, I would say "fairy tales" instead of "fables" or more appropriately "folk tales" but that sounds less romantic for a list like this.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who creates and reads and shares the tales.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, most interesting! It is a very good saying and I love it too. Minerva ~

    ReplyDelete