Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CW Picks Up Beauty and the Beast



I'm a little behind on this! From The CW Orders Pilots for Green Arrow Series, Sex and the City Prequel, Beauty and the Beast Redo:

The CW on Wednesday doled out pilot orders for three buzzy projects: Arrow, The Carrie Diaries and Beauty and the Beast.

Beauty and the Beast, meanwhile, is loosely based on the 1980s sudser starring Linda Hamilton, but adding a modern-day procedural twist.

From Hollywood Reporter:

The CW's Beauty and the Beast, meanwhile, is one of two projects mining the famed story this development season. The network's project is based on the 1980s CBS drama that starred Ron Perlman as Vincent (aka the Beast) and Linda Hamilton as Catherine (the Beauty).

Set up at CBS Television Studios, it's described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. Felicity's Jennifer Levin and Brothers and Sisters' Sherri Cooper are attached to pen the project and executive produce alongside Paul Witt, C. Anthony Thomas, Ron Koslow and Bill Haber.

Now I loved the first few seasons of this show back when it aired. I was a teen eager for anything Beauty and the Beast and this worked well for me then. I have not rewatched in years but scenes and imagery are very vivid for me, even some plots. I am intrigued. And I am sure we won't be getting Gaston in this iteration. Thank goodness.

And at least this means the Snow White domination may be ending...

But the fairy tale trend isn't!

1 comment:

  1. I was too young to catch the show originally, so this ought to be interesting! (Even if I have to pick it up on DVD since I hardly get to watch TV these days...)

    ~Lylassandra

    ReplyDelete