Friday, October 15, 2010

Lancaster designer's fairy tale bridal gown for Litfest




From Lancaster designer's fairy tale bridal gown for Litfest:

A Lancaster bridal wear designer has come up with a fairy tale dress - literally.
Jennifer Pritchard-Couchman's strapless gown is made entirely from pages of Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales.

It's all part of the city's Litfest literature festival which starts on Friday 15 October.

"Andy from Litfest approached me and asked if I could make a dress out of books and I said 'yeh of course I can'," says Jennifer.

'Lots of folding'
"Then about three weeks ago I was off on holiday with my husband... and I thought 'how am I going to make a dress out of a book?' so we did a lot of scribbling on the train and worked it out."

Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales

Also, "It will be worn on Saturday by writer Claire Massey (of the Fairy Tale Cupboard, of course), who will be reading a fairy tale she has written specially for the literature festival."

This all happened today and I hope it was a great success.  I'm not envious this time since I've been enjoying an orgy of fairy tale discussions at the American Folklore Society Annual Meeting.  I'll blog more about that next week after my brain has settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment