Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christensen's Faery Tales Week: Day 8

This is an image heavy post, so I'll keep the rest brief. Here are the answers to the puzzle. Well, at least the ones I know!


Fairy Tale 1: Unknown... This one appears to flummox everyone. It doesn't appear to be Hop O' My Thumb or Tom Thumb which was my first instinct. All the tales represented here are supposed to be "well known" and I can't think of one that fits.


Fairy Tale 2: Cinderella


Fairy Tale 3: Jack and the Beanstalk


Fairy Tale 4: Sleeping Beauty


Fairy Tale 5: Beauty and the Beast


Fairy Tale 6: The Six Swans


Fairy Tale 7: The Brave Little Tailor (Someone guess Puss in Boots on this one thanks to my blurry picture, I think, because I can totally see that. In a better picture it's easier to see that the little figure is a man, not a cat, and that the giant is trying to squeeze a rock like a sponge.)


Fairy Tale 8: Little Red Riding Hood


Fairy Tale 9: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs


Fairy Tale 10: Rapunzel


Fairy Tale 11: The Frog Prince


Fairy Tale 12: Hansel and Gretel


Fairy Tale 13: Goldilocks and the Three Bears


Fairy Tale 14: Rumpelstiltskin


Fairy Tale 15: The Golden Goose


Fairy Tale 16: Little Mermaid


Fairy Tale 17: The Fisherman and His Wife


Fairy Tale 19: The Firebird


Fairy Tale 20: The Seven Ravens


Fairy Tale 21: Puss in Boots


Fairy Tale 22: Diamonds and Toads


Fairy Tale 23: The Emperor's New Clothes


Fairy Tale 24: This is the other fairy tale I'm unsure of. I've debated whether it's one of the tailors from Emperor's New Clothes, but I think not since there is one instead of two tailors and he is still somewhat separated from the action. He must be another tale, unless I've missed a reference to another fairy tale elsewhere in the puzzle. If anyone else sees one I've missed, let me know!

And either way, I'm not sure which fairy tale he would represent which just adds to the mystery... Perhaps someday someone will solve the mysteries for us...

4 comments:

  1. What's shown in the window above #24? I don't see a close-up of that section of the puzzle. Maybe that will provide a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #24 is a Perrault story, called Ricky of the Tuft

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this puzzle and I found the guide when I was packing for my upcoming move. How fortuitous! #1 is Tom Thumb and #24 is Ricky of the Tuft. Everything else is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This appears to be the official guide:
    http://www.sunsout.com/fairly-tales/

    ReplyDelete